Welcome to the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind
The mission of the Lighthouse is to provide persons who are visually impaired and blind with the skills needed to achieve their maximum independence. Lighthouse works with people of all ages, from babies to seniors, who experience vision impairment and blindness. We have served persons who are visually impaired and blind since 1983.
Our free programs and services include:
- Independent Living Skills Classes—Adaptive daily living skills to maximize home and personal management
- Orientation and Mobility—Fall prevention, sighted guide technique, use of the white cane, use of public transportation
- Assistive Technology/Computer Training—Using screen magnification or screen reader software
- Braille Reading & Writing—Using stylus & slate, Braille Writers, and computerized refreshable braille display
- Counseling and Referral
- Job Readiness, training and job placement
While on our website, you can learn about vision loss and vision rehabilitation services, and you can read our client profiles to learn how Lighthouse services benefit people who are visually impaired and blind. You can learn about our fundraising events and supporters. Please visit Chasco Coronation Ball in Support of Blind Babies to learn about our largest fundraiser. You can also learn about programs that support employment for the visually impaired and blind.
Please contact us if you need more information. Thank you for supporting the Lighthouse.