Welcome to the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.
The mission of the Lighthouse is to provide people who are visually impaired and blind with the skills needed to achieve their maximum independence. Lighthouse works with people of all ages, from babies to seniors, who experience vision impairment, blindness and low vision, and live in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Our free programs and services include:
- Independent Living Skills Classes—Daily living skills for independence at home and in the community
- Orientation and Mobility—Fall prevention, sighted guide technique, use of the white cane, use of public transportation
- Assistive Technology/Computer Training—Learn to use screen magnification or screen reader software
- Braille Reading & Writing—Braille at home, work and on the go
- Counseling and Referral
- Job Readiness, training and job search assistance
On this website, you can learn about free vision rehabilitation services, our clients’ challenges and successes, how you can help Lighthouse meet its mission, and you can get information about upcoming events.
Our next event is our Year-end Open House being held on December 4 and 11, 2015.
You can also learn about programs that support employment for the visually impaired and blind.
Please contact us if you need more information. Thank you for supporting the Lighthouse.